Who is this Steve Mitchell Guy?
What do you do anyway?
Well obviously ART, as the blog byline implies, but more specifically I am a freelance graphic designer and illustrator in the Upstate South Carolina area with over 24 years experience in the marketing, advertising, industrial and publishing fields. I have worked client side and agency side; sampled life in the agency art director and freelance creative director roles; wielded brush and pen to illustrate children’s books, instruction manuals, brochures, ads and a few walls.
So whats the blog for?
I blog to share my interests and my art; to provide a glimpse under the hood and show a little of what makes me tick; And maybe, possibly induce some cool, insightful company to hire me.
If I hired you what would I get?
In addition to the above, I’m someone who cares about my clients’ success. I pride myself on following through on commitments and knowing how important a deadline is. In the end making my clients successful makes me successful too.
Anything else I should know?
A few things. The list goes something like this:
- Proud resident of Upstate South Carolina (Greenville area)
- Servant of Christ and debtor to mercy
“You release us from our debts, but you lose nothing thereby. You are my God, my Life, my holy Delight…” – Augustine
- Husband of 29 years (an unbelievable blessing shared with an amazing woman)
- Father of 5 (a quiver I proudly bear and all the arrows are quite sharp)
- Dabbler in military history, photography, miniature painting, model building, RC flying, astronomy, chess, and wood carving just to mention a few
- All around nice guy